• This topic has 110 replies, 33 voices, and was final updated 3 years, 3 months ago by DKB444.

Viewing vi posts - 106 through 111 (of 111 full)

  • Author

    Posts

  • #1163654

    Welcome yuliart!

    I hate to say it merely this is true. I've watched sales trends many years. When the economy is downward people buy fine art. When it is up, they will not.

    Kay

    Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Gimmicky

    #1163729

    I love DPW every bit a style to view others artists work. Information technology's besides a neat place to buy reasonably priced original paintings. Yet, every bit a place to sell artwork, it hasn't worked for me and I suspect that most others have the same problems selling.

    The lack of sales is partly due to poor market conditions. However, it'due south also due to the large numbers of artists trying to sell on the site and the resulting competition. Finally, I think that DPW does a poor task of marketing the artists and paintings on its site. I follow its Facebook folio yet seldom run into new paintings posted. When you lot visits its sale page, the same artist (V) appears at the elevation of the listings every fourth dimension I visit.

    I visit the DPW site ofttimes to view what others artists are painting. Occasionally, I buy a small painting. However, I quit trying to sell my work there considering I couldn't justify the monthly fees considering the lack of sales.

    #1163721

    Besides, I am trying new approaches (more than expressionistic and may be surreal), but buyers there it seems similar in favor of more than realistic art.

    This is true, from my experience, and why I decided to become off of it.

    #1163649

    I know I've come in to mark things sold from selling them elsewhere. I don't think I've sold directly from DailyPaintworks, so hmmmmmmmmmmm.

    Not that I am working it well.

    I wonder if an ebay store is a ameliorate use of that coin?

    Robin
    My Oil Painting Pet Portraits: https://robinzebley.com

    #1163722

    There was someone on hither who posted she was doing well selling on Ebay, merely when I went to await at her stuff on there, she was selling 9×12 paintings for $45. And they were not just slabs of color, either. They were detailed. Guess it depends on how fast you paint if that would exist worthwhile.

    But there is as well someone else on here who is successful there with military art, like planes and ships. His paintings are quite detailed, but he has been on there for a long time and that is one heck of a niche. Can't call back how much his are.

    I'yard working towards consolidating almost everything on my art site instead of having it spread all over, considering spreading it all over has non had a positive issue on sales. Virtually all of the sales I have are nonetheless from Facebook, not from the diverse sites I've tried. Then I can exercise some ads.

    I'thousand also working on a new shopify shop, though, with various designs on mugs and totes using public domain art that I clean up and manipulate. Less work-intensive for me than original art. Information technology's a lot of work to become information technology gear up, simply once information technology's done, I tin can do ads for that also.

    I don't know if ads will bring sales in themselves, merely from my experience with my non-art shop, they do assistance with ranking in Google, much every bit Google says ads don't affect ranking.

    #1163655

    Sales have dropped off sharply for me and I'm having better results west/ Facebook. I can't recollect always selling from my Artspan site but have sold numerous prints from it.

    Kay

    Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Gimmicky

Viewing six posts - 106 through 111 (of 111 total)

  • You must be logged in to answer to this topic.